- summarises the responses received to Working Paper 13 (a draft coding guide issued in April 2005);
- explains the changes made as a result of the consultation exercise;
- sets out a number of areas for further consideration.
This was accompanied by an updated Per-Policy Coding Guide for the CMI mortality and critical illness investigations.
Critical illness data submissions will continue to be accepted using the current critical illness coding guide for the foreseeable future, but offices submitting both mortality and critical illness data are encouraged to update their critical illness to the latest combined coding guide when they amend their mortality submission.
There is also a large overlap with the in force data requirements for income protection, although the claims data is obviously quite different. The possibility of converging the coding guide for individual income protection business is being considered further.
Working paper 19 is not intended as a consultation paper but the CMI always welcomes feedback from member offices
We will be particularly grateful for views on the various issues outlined in the working paper for further consideration, including:
- data submission for income protection;
- extension of CMI analyses to lapses and waiver of premium benefits;
- impairment codes and other underwriting factors;
- inclusion of further data items.
This does not constitute a formal consultation exercise, but may influence the priority with which the remaining issues are addressed and the direction taken.
You might also like
If you have any questions about the CMI please email