International Mortality and Longevity Symposium 2016: September, Royal Holloway, University of London
This conference provided a multi-disciplinary forum for the exchange of information on the latest relevant research, and was also an opportunity to learn about established knowledge from a range of different disciplines, all with the aim of better understanding and managing this complex yet critical subject.
The themes for this event were:
- how will population longevity develop in the future in your defined country or internationally?
- new evidence or analyses of historical morbidity and mortality patterns
- what would disrupt current mortality trends?
- how will Big Data and 'internet of things' contribute to mortality trends and analyses?
- new techniques for mortality and longevity analyses and forecasting
- implication of mortality and morbidity trends.
The IFoA has produced an online publication which includes articles by each plenary speaker, workshop abstracts and delegate views
|International mortality and longevity symposium 2014||15 - 17 September|
|Frailty workshop||14 October 2013|
|Emerging trends in mortality and longevity||September 2011|
|Joining forces on mortality and longevity||October 2009|
|Mortality experts meeting||March 2008|
|The impact of medical advances and lifestyle on mortality||January 2008|
For more information about mortality and longevity events please contact the Research and Knowledge Team.