- have respectively attained Fellowship or Associateship of the ILAA by completing the qualification requirements of the ILAA, which may include co-sponsored education and examinations of other actuarial organisations (including where relevant, obtaining one or more of the ILAA’s examination exemptions that are available from time to time), and not solely in recognition of membership of another actuarial association;
- be entitled to practise as a member of the ILAA;
- within three years, up to and including the date of application, have completed at least one year’s post-qualification practical work-based experience of UK actuarial practice;
- have successfully met the requirements, prescribed by the IFoA from time to time, in respect of eligibility, education, professional experience, and continuing professional development requirements;
- be a member in good standing with the ILAA; and
- at the same time as applying, authorise in writing the ILAA to release relevant records to the IFoA concerning any adverse disciplinary determination, finding, sanction and/or penalty, to which you have been subject, in accordance with the ILAA’s disciplinary process. Such records may be taken into consideration by the IFoA in considering the application, and may be retained by the IFoA thereafter for as long as is reasonably necessary.
The full terms are set out in the ILAA Mutual Recognition Agreement (MRA).
If you are not currently a member of the IFoA you will need to become an affiliate and apply for consideration as a Fellow or Associate to begin the mutual recognition application process
- Apply for Affiliate Membership
- Complete the Application for Consideration as a Fellow/Associate of the Institute and Faculty of Actuaries for Fellows and Associates of the Israel Association of Actuaries (ILAA).
You must also include with your application:
- a recent letter from your actuarial body confirming your membership status
- a recent letter from your current employer confirming your length of employment
- proof of higher education (university) and professional qualifications
- proof of attendance at a professionalism course.
Your completed application must be sent to the Membership Team at the IFoA. Please check the application form and ensure you have included all relevant documents. You can send us digital copies of your signed application form and documents
You might also like
If you have any questions about mutual recognition please contact or telephone:
We aim to respond to all initial enquiries within two working days.