Our Policy work on infrastructure is a collaboration between the Policy team and the Infrastructure Working Party. The Working Party is jointly sponsored by the Finance & Investment Board and the Risk Management Board.
The outputs listed below include:
- Infrastructure finance policy briefing
- IFoA/NIC Roundtable: Best-laid plans - managing uncertainty in infrastructure policy
- In-depth analysis of specific types of infrastructure asset
- A description of the UK investment landscape
- Case studies of housing, transport and renewable energy
- The IFoA’s response to a National Infrastructure Commission (NIC) consultation
- Summary of an event on sustainable infrastructure jointly hosted with the Aldersgate Group
In addition we engage with key stakeholders such as the NIC and Department for Transport by organising meetings and attending events.
For further information, please contact the Policy Team at
Filter or search events
Louise Pryor, IFoA President, will chair this free-to-view session, in which Alex Darsley, TPR, Actuarial Regulatory Policy, will be discussing the regulator’s Climate Change Guidance Consultation, which is seeking views on new guidance designed to help trustees meet tougher standards of governance in relation to climate change ri
Internal audit is often the Cinderella of the audit world. It’s a regulatory requirement for insurance companies to have an internal audit function, so why not make it as useful as possible? This session will look at how to link an internal audit plan to the risk register, and how that helps audit committees and boards to spot problems and fix them.
Climate change is one of the greatest risks facing our world today. Addressing it will require multi-faceted solutions. Through this panel session, we will explore the different levers that can be used to meet net-zero targets including climate science and data, government engagement, and mobilising green finance.