- To assist the Life Board and Life Research Committee to identify and promote new research on this current hot topic
- Preparation for any future consultation responses in relation to ERMs
- A review of the consequences for the IFoA from the variation in valuations placed on ERMs, often through actuarial assumptions on common economic factors
- To present at IFoA Conferences such as Life Conferences and regional societies (see presentation at the Life Conference 2017)
- To produce a final report on actuarial practice in respect of (3) and a separate research paper on approaches to valuation of the no negative equity guarantee and how current actuarial practice could evolve.
The ERM WP is currently inviting participants to submit model outputs for the purpose of analysing the long-term property risk associated with equity release mortgage assets. The ERM WP would welcome responses from both industry and academia in the UK and also international modelling perspectives. Deadline to submit responses is 30 September. Please see further details.
- The Actuary March 2017
- The Actuary December 2017
- Life Conference presentation 2017
- Life Conference presentation 2018
- Sessional meeting presentation 2018 - and interim sessional paper
- Life Conference presentation 2019
- A Discussion Note on Economic Valuation of ERMs for EVT
- Sessional paper to follow
|Chair:||Craig Turnbull from November 2019, Thomas Kenny from 2016 to November 2019.|
You might also like
If you want more information about this research working party please contact the Communities Team.
Filter or search events
We have made it through 2020 but the COVID-19 crisis continues to have a significant impact on individuals, societies, businesses and the wider economy across the globe. Navigating the world post COVID-19 in an uncertain and highly unstable time brings along many uncertainties, challenges and exciting opportunities. Hence the theme of this year’s IFoA Asia Conference Webinar Series is “Risk. Adapt. Thrive.”
In April 2021, the CMI Income Protection Committee published Working Paper 149, which detailed the changes to analysis methodology for the Income Protection Investigation and the impact of past data issues. This webinar will provide an overview of the changes in the analysis approach and discuss the adjustments to the IP11 claim inceptions graduations.
Louise Pryor, IFoA President, will chair this free-to-view session, in which Alex Darsley, TPR, Actuarial Regulatory Policy, will be discussing the regulator’s Climate Change Guidance Consultation, which is seeking views on new guidance designed to help trustees meet tougher standards of governance in relation to climate change ri
Internal audit is often the Cinderella of the audit world. It’s a regulatory requirement for insurance companies to have an internal audit function, so why not make it as useful as possible? This session will look at how to link an internal audit plan to the risk register, and how that helps audit committees and boards to spot problems and fix them.
Climate change is one of the greatest risks facing our world today. Addressing it will require multi-faceted solutions. Through this panel session, we will explore the different levers that can be used to meet net-zero targets including climate science and data, government engagement, and mobilising green finance.