The IFoA places the advancement of actuarial science at the heart of its activities by commissioning and funding research that:
- advances actuarial science as a subject
- supports industry practitioners
- helps inform evidence-based public policy development
To support this objective the IFoA supports and delivers research projects via:
- member led working parties
- a sessional research programme,
- commissioned research projects
- the Actuarial Research Centre (ARC) - presently recruiting for a new Associate Director
- the British Actuarial Journal (BAJ)
- Annals of Actuarial Science (AAS)
- the Longevity Bulletin.
Our research reflects the key areas actuaries work in:
- Life insurance
- General insurance (non-life)
- Health and care
- Finance and investment
- Risk management
- Mortality and morbidity studies
- Resource and environment
The IFoA also supports the research process by providing members with access to an extensive range of Library Services, including the new Actuarial Knowledge Hub, and additional support via the guidance for researchers. IFoA members can access the premium features of the Actuarial Knowledge Hub including thousands of full text papers and eBooks by logging in here.
The IFoA recognises individuals whom have made significant contributions to the profession through the awarding of prizes, medals and Honorary Fellows.
If you have any questions or wish to discuss any aspect of our awards and Honorary Fellowships, please contact the Public Affairs team on: